Saturday, September 24, 2011

Jerome-y Macaroni

As I was looking back though my blog today, I realized that Jerome was a huge part of it last year. I thought I would link some of the previous posts and give you an update on how my favorite 3rd grader is, now that he is a fourth grader!

A letter- I think my first post on him
A kind gesture
The best punishment ever
A different perspective
Ending 3rd grade in style

I'm not going to lie, a huge part of my excitement about moving to 5th grade was that next year I'll get my beloved third graders back! Only they will be older!! I'm not going to lie, Jerome was one of the ones I was most excited about. I think we grew to depend on each other last year. I was really anxious about how his 4th grade year would go. God is sure looking out for this little guy, his fourth grade teacher, who is new to our school is perfect for him! She is patient, loving, and sees his potential.

Nevertheless, Jerome stops by my class before school to give me a hug, and through out the day when he passes it. My students all know him and tell him hi when he walks in. His visits usually last around 15 seconds and he is on his way. I see him before he gets on the bus after school and he frequently asks me to come to my house. I always ask him what he thinks Mr. Howard would say if I showed up at home with him. :)

He still has his moments, but I'm happy to report they are much fewer than last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment